I realised last night or thereabouts that most computers have a “volume up” and a “volume down” button, or keys which can be used for this function. Or you can click on the volume control on your task-bar. Why don’t they have dials? And I don’t mean the crappy little apologetic dials that are half hidden inside some other part of the machine, I mean big raised circular things like we used to get on stereos (maybe we still do? Are there still┬ábig┬ástereos?). Granted, they would take up precious space on laptops and netbooks, but for a big ole’ desktop I think they’d be quite an attractive feature. Maybe even play up the slightly-dated-ness of it and make it a steampunky-looking machine?

  1. deadceilingfish posted this